School Funding & Scholarships
The workplace of Financial help and Scholarships reports into the Vice Provost for Enrollment Management which include listed here practical devices: workplace of Undergraduate Admissions, educational funding and Scholarships, scholar Ideas Systems additionally the workplace regarding the University Registrar.
The University of Kansas workplace of Financial help and Scholarships (FAS) acts pupils, families, and also the community by giving federal, state, and institutional aid that is financial and resources to help pupils in attaining their academic goals. FAS is dedicated to supplying quality economic help solutions to its constituents while keeping accountability into the administration of general general general public, institutional, and personal educational funding funds. Services are made to offer the academic objectives of this specific pupil and the objectives associated with the college because they relate with retention and graduation.
This position is important in administering education loan, work-study, and give programs. These duties need strong social abilities, awareness of detail together with capacity to make use of a student that is diverse, also an aptitude for administering educational funding programs to make sure conformity along with Federal Title IV laws. The employees user in this place must efficiently administer school funding programs in help of y our objective to make sure access and help development and gratification of our pupils.
Job explanation 40% Coordination of all of the Loan Programs
- Must keep knowledge that is strong of loan regulations to make sure conformity and defenses associated with University’s fiduciary obligations to both pupils and our campus lovers.
- Oversees the day-to-day processing of Direct Loans and private loans.
- Insures conformity by reviewing daily/weekly loan reports to examine and resolve pupil degree dilemmas surrounding yearly and aggregate loan restrictions, NSLDS checklists, as well as other eligibility problems.
- Executes reconciliation that is monthly of Loan programs together with Student Suggestions Systems and Financial solutions.
- Supervises the mortgage Coordinator whom manages the processing for private and federal loans, including PLUS and Grad PLUS loans.
- Determines eligibility for loans, procedures loans, monitors alterations in eligibility, and adjusts help appropriately.
- Develops and keeps policy and procedure papers pertaining to all loan programs.
- Assesses loan processing tasks and makes tips for increased efficiency.
40% Work Learn and Give Management:
- Administers the Federal Work-Study (FWS) program and Kansas profession Work-Study (KSCWS) programs; determines eligibility and prizes consequently.
- Monitors the FWS fund stability and pupil profits, including using the DEMIS portal as well as the Oracle Analytics Cloud (OAC) to trace expenditures.
- Corresponds with all the Shared Service Center regarding FWS earnings restrictions, prospective increases in prizes, and fund that is retroactive.
- Functions as the FWS liaison and offers training to campus lovers.
- Accountable for keeping up to date with federal laws associated with FWS and developing/updating yearly policies and procedures.
- Functions as the liaison towards the University job Center into the management of this Kansas job Work-Study Program.
- Determines eligibility and honors the KU Overseas Student Tuition Grant (KUISTG). Communicates with Student Account & Receivables regarding Glacier paperwork conclusion and places/releases holds on records.
- Determines eligibility and administers the Federal EDUCATE grant, including reporting and maintenance of pupil documents into the Origination that is common and system.
20% Financial Education and Provider Delivery
- Counsels potential and current pupils and families regarding school-related best online payday loans aid that is financial, and reacts completely to escalated inquiries, such as the application and awarding process, cost management and also the securing of resources to meet up with costs.
- Reacts to complex concerns (including escalated phone calls and visits) from potential pupils, present pupils, parents, campus peers yet others regarding aid that is financial and extra financing has to attend, progress and graduate.
- Assists with outreach activities ( ag e.g. FAFSA completion, highschool occasions) to aid recruitment tasks together with KU Admissions office, along with other school funding activities on campus for current pupils.
- Bachelor’s degree with couple of years experience that is relevant Master’s degree at period of visit.
- Experience involved in school funding, scholarships, admissions, related or advising section of degree.
- Experience producing efficiencies through technology, including knowledge about information query and analytics.
- Exemplary interaction abilities as evidenced by the applying materials and meeting procedure.
- Experience with interpreting regulations that are federal developing/implementing programs to comply with those laws.
- Demonstrated strong solution distribution skills, including working together with a diverse population.
- Demonstrated experience and ability in problem-solving for many different circumstances.